Human Resources and Business Development Manager
The Bottle Depot is the largest depot operator on Vancouver Island and a leader in recycling collection services. We are looking for a manager with skills in HR, leadership and business development to fill this newly developed position. We are offering an opportunity to build, grow and cultivate a great team, implement operational excellence and drive business growth. In addition to using your HR skills, you’ll also assist with business development and act as a community liaison to assist non-profit organizations to raise funds for their operations.
This role has a diverse portfolio. You’ll spend about half of your time a human resource function – working with the depot managers to engage, support and inspire employees to give their best. You’ll also partner with the depot managers to support them towards stronger leadership and a culture of accountability, commitment and performance. A portion of your days will be hands-on in the depot operations, engaging with the team and observing how things run on the floor helping you to provide input on streamlining and enhancing processes, systems and policies, to help support the team effectively. Other times, you’ll be in the office working on HR tasks including staff scheduling and planning, recruitment, performance management and policy, process and systems improvements.
The remainder of your time will be spent on business development and strategy. You’ll be involved in customer acquisitions, customer relationship management, marketing and promotions to cost-effectively drive volume growth and market share gains. This includes educating the community on the importance of recycling and its impact on the planet and supporting fundraising for non-profit/community organizations.
- HR Certificate, diploma, degree or commensurate HR experience
- 3 years in an HR leadership role
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong people skills and an ability to build relationships and grow the business in the community
- A commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainability
If you’re excited about using your skills in a dynamic, diverse, hands-on opportunity to make a difference for 50 plus team members and in positively impacting the planet, we want to hear from you. An attractive salary and benefits package available for the right candidate.
- Please submit a cover letter indicating why this opportunity speaks to you (applications with cover letters will be considered first)
- Submit your current resume
- Submit all documents in pdf format
- Apply directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 30, 2020
Check back for more great job opportunities.