Viridian Energy Co-Operative is a thriving grassroots worker’s co-operative in the fast-paced and competitive renewable energy sector.
At Viridian, you’ll be making a significant contribution to your community by redefining the shared clean energy landscape. We are looking for the right professionals to grow with our fun and friendly company who want to make a positive change in society and have a passion for renewable energy. Currently we have an opening for a Solar PV Designer.
Job Duties include:
- Analyze an electric bill by using historical (or anticipated) usage and rate structure to calculate system size and savings estimates.
- Perform remote site assessment using Aurora Solar to begin site analysis preparation.
- Design and model solar arrays using Aurora Solar
- Calculate system production by utilizing industry standard tools and considering site conditions and system installation characteristics.
- Create conceptual designs based on customer expectations and project criteria
- Configure mechanical and electrical design [layout, attachment requirements, …]
- Prepare proposals based on financial costs, incentives and savings
- Prepare project documentation
- Inspect existing electrical service to determine if it is sufficiently sized or rated for the PV systems.
- Identify locations for system components to determine proposed PV system material needs.
- Assess possible array mounting locations by visual inspection and by taking measurements to provide data for structural design and engineering.
- Perform shade analysis on-site to accurately determine expected production and optimize location for PV modules.
Advanced Skills (an asset)
- Recommend appropriate equipment based on site analysis and customer needs to provide optimized solutions.
- Recommend equipment location and layout by considering manufacturer recommendations, local requirements, prospect input, and project constraints to develop optimal solutions.
- Plan system layout based on string sizing, module and inverter specifications, and environmental conditions to ensure code compliance and optimal performance.
- Assess the type of interconnection and capacity of an existing electrical system by reviewing site analysis and utility requirements to determine if any changes are necessary.
- Successful completion of NAPCEP or equivalent accredited program
- Strong and detailed understanding of Solar PV Systems
- Strong knowledge, understanding and implementation of relevant modeling software systems
- Savvy use of technology
- Must be able to work remotely and independently
The successful candidate will have a co-operative attitude, attention to detail, high levels of professionalism and are good communicators with great problem-solving skills. We require team members to show initiative as well as demonstrate a service-oriented attitude and a willingness to pitch in wherever necessary.
- $24 to $30/hour depending on experience, with pay increase after 3 month probation
Please submit your application according to the following instructions:
- Submit your cover letter and resume digitally in PDF format.
- Do not deliver your package in person.
- In your cover letter, please tell us:
- what you know about worker’s cooperatives
- what you believe would make you a fit for a worker’s cooperative
- what is it about Viridian that attracted you to apply for this position
Full-time Manager of Employment Programs
Do you have program management experience in a non-profit environment?
Do you have program management experience in a non-profit environment? Are you comfortable with overseeing deliverables on multiple contracts for a variety of funders? If you have proven leadership skills and would be excited about making a difference in the lives of vulnerable populations in our community, you may be our next management team member.
The John Howard Society is a dynamic, innovative social service organization that strives to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all. We’re looking for a highly motivated person with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment and a leadership mindset. This position is responsible for leading, motivating and administering the employment programs and program staff to meet outcomes and milestones, as well as developing strong relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Job duties include:
- Program/staff management including scheduling, assisting with recruitment, onboarding and training
- Meeting program outcomes and accurate statistical reporting
- Developing program manuals and operation standards
- Coaching, mentoring and managing staff performance including daily guidance and feedback
- Liaising with community partners, funders and other stakeholders
- Assisting with developing programs and proposals
- Overseeing and monitoring financial operations of the department
- Ensuring quality control per funder for contract compliance
- Develop a comprehensive community engagement and marketing strategy
- Marketing the program to ensure adequate participation to meet contract obligations
- University degree in the Behavioral Sciences or a combination of equivalent related education and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience including supervisory or management experience
- Highly developed planning, administrative and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of vulnerable populations including those with mental health, addictions, and developmental disabilities
- Experience in developing and delivering employability skills training and working from a trauma-informed practice approach considered assets
- Advanced expertise in MS office suite
We require a vulnerable sector check as well as someone with a Class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Emergency First Aid is an asset but we will train the right candidate.
Annual Salary will be based on experience and qualifications
Please submit a resume and detailed cover letter, indicating why this job posting caught your attention and how your skills and experience are a fit for this role. Please DO NOT drop off applications at the JHS office. Only digital applications will be considered.